Cancer

Friday 24 October 2008
I still don’t believe my dog has cancer.

When the veterinary surgeon said to me, it is cancer, my first reaction was “May I beg your pardon?” The doctor repeated what she had said, but she told me a good news, this is only initiate stage.

Okay, my poor doggy only needs to have her medication for 2 weeks, but swallowing pill never an option for her, so I have to put the pill inside the grape or sometime dragon fruit to make sure she has the medicine in her stomach without knowing it.

Being busy for work already got me with no time for my doggy, I only found out she got a tumor around the stomach when I bathed her few weeks back, so I immediately sent her to a veterinary surgeon.

That man told me my dog maybe only got bitten by an anonymous insect, so he gave my dog an injection with some medicine to drink, after that I have to work for 2 weeks without a day off, and I assumed my dog is getting better.

Unfortunately thing didn’t work out as I thought, after 2 weeks the tumor still there, so this time I got recommendation from a friend to have another veterinary surgeon, which is more professional and immediately knowing what’s wrong with my dog.

Only one question she asked me before she jumped to conclusion, how long has your dog got her period, my answer was “quite some time”.

Then I realize how could I never noticed my dog hasn’t get her period for very long time, this is the cause of her cancer, too much hormones. For a moment I really feel bad for my dog.

Thank God she is still active as she is, greedy for food and always need pampers by me when I got home.

However I already made up my mind, having myself travel cross the sea everyday is not a good option for me to spend time with my dog, because most of my time is basically contribute to the journey, so I am looking for a land property in the island for the sake of my doggy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read the news about your dog. I hope she gets better soon.

Dream Chaser said...

she is fine, getting better i hope.

Anonymous said...

真难过。